General Plan Update
- The City Council updated their General Plan in 2010. It included elements on open space preservation.
- Its Downtown Specific Environmental Impact Report was published in 2005
- General Plan Updates and a Draft EIR were completed in 2015
Climate Action Planning
- Martinez published their Climate Action Plan in June of 2009. The CAP included elements on transportation, electricity and natural gas, solid waste and water.
- Completed a city-wide greenhouse gas inventory with 2005 as their base year.
- The City of Martinez is in the process of updating its Greenhouse Gas Inventories (GHG). The results will be published in the fall of 2017.
- Martinez hosts the California Youth Energy Program where local youth gain paid work experience providing free energy and water efficiency services.
- The Martinez Environmental Group aggregates information and citizens together to discuss and take action of health and environmental issues affecting Martinez and surrounding cities.
City of Martinez website.
Last updated July 2019.