Tuesday, April 24th 9am-12pm
Richmond City Hall – Richmond Room
450 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond CA 94804
Please join fellow Contra Costa County decision makers to learn about the rising issue of public health as it relates to climate change. Hear from other local governments who are addressing the issues through General Plan Updates, Climate Action Plans, and improved energy policy and practice.
Our workshop includes:
- Lynda Deschambault, Exec Dir Contra Costa County Climate Leaders
- Joanne Genet, Public and Environmental Health Advisory Board (PEHAB)
- Kit Faubion, attorney, Meyers Nave
- Dr. Jeff Ritterman MD, PEHAB Board, Richmond City Council
- Kathy Dervin, Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health
- Shasa Curl, City of Richmond
- And Local Government Perspectives
What will be addressed
- The basics: How does climate change effect public health?
- What role do local governments have?
- Co-health benefits of climate change mitigation and adaptation measures
- Implementing public health policy in Climate Action Plans
- Including health risk assessment element in General Plans
- Share best practices examples with other Contra Costa cities
- Time for city-to-city questions and networking
This is a FREE event, however space is limited. Register today: email@example.com or call 925-708-9686